GrammarAsYouType (GRAYT) for CKEditor 4+
GrammarAsYouType (GRAYT) for CKEditor 4+ is a grammar check feature that allows users to see and correct grammar problems while typing. GRAYT is shipped together with SpellCheckAsYouType (SCAYT). Currently the GRAYT feature is available only in CKEditor 4 and later versions.
GRAYT uses the WebSpellChecker.net grammar engine. To learn more about the grammar engine’s capabilities as compared to MS Word, click here.
Note: Currently GRAYT supports only American and British English languages for checking in the dialog window.
Supported browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome latest version, Firefox latest version.
How to Use GRAYT for CKEditor 4+
- Enter the required text in the CKEditor. The text containing grammar mistakes is underlined in green, while the text containing spelling mistakes is underlined in red
Note: Spelling mistakes take priority over grammar mistakes.
The example contains both spelling and grammar mistakes in the same part of the sentence.
- Correct the spelling mistake. After a spelling correction is applied, the same phrase is underlined in green, which means it contains a grammar mistake
- Right-click the grammar mistake to open the GRAYT context menu.
- View the description of the mistake.
- Select a suggestion to replace the mistake, if available. Otherwise, paraphrase the mistake.